Simple steps to download your Family Tree DNA FTDNA raw data.
To download DNA raw data from Family Tree DNA FTDNA, follow the simple steps given below:
- Log in to your Family Tree DNA FTDNA account.
- Select “myFTDNA”, from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down option select “Family Finder” and then “Download Raw Data”.
- Here you will find a number of options labeled as “Build 36 Autosomal Raw Data” or “Build 37 Autosomal Raw Data”. The number will not affect your results in any way. However, choose the file your third-party raw data service provider specifically asks for.
- This opens a *.gz file (similar to a *.zip file) automatically.
- Click “Save” to save it and you are all set!
- KEEP A TAB ON WHERE THE FILE IS SAVED.
- If your unzip utility, or some other program tries to open the program, it is important that you try to save the file without opening it, unzipping it, or altering it in any way.
- Do not rename or unZip the file.
or you can directly access the download page here
Did you know that your family tree dna ftdna raw data has far more information about various aspects of your health and wellness than just ancestry. Most people do not know this.
Make sure to check out our blog on the amazing things that can be done with your family tree dna ftdna raw data. You can also check out the various service providers and third party tools that can be used to analyze your family tree dna ftdna raw data.
Finally, you can head over to Xcode.in to check out the various reports based on your family tree dna ftdna raw data.
Have fun DNA exploring!