Grow pink in health with green teaJuly 28, 2014
Shake a leg to live long, the healthy way!July 28, 2014
What Are The Benefits Of Aerobic Exercises?
Aerobics is a type of exercise that requires the consumption of significantly more oxygen than the regular exercises. Aerobic exercises may be of light or moderate intensity. Aerobic exercises can be done from a few minutes to several hours and there will be no excessive fatigue. They have many health benefits and hence have become very popular all over the world. These exercises include walking, jogging, swimming, dancing and cycling.
Research has shown that a 30 minute of aerobic exercise for five days a week, or even 20 minutes of high intensity aerobic exercise for three days a week, can put you in to good health and reduce risks of chronic diseases.
Benefits of Aerobic exercise
- Regular aerobic exercise improves your fitness.
- It also improves your cardiovascular fitness by increasing your capacity to use oxygen.
- It can reduce the risks of certain health issues such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, colon cancer and breast cancer.
- It can lower your blood pressure and improve your blood cholesterol. This is done by reducing the levels of LDL-cholesterol, also called the bad cholesterol and increasing the HDL-cholesterol or the good cholesterol.
- It will also help you in reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- This kind of exercise is especially useful for people who have arthritis or other medical conditions that will not allow them to do weight lifting workouts.
- You can control your weight and burn the extra calories that you consumed.
- You can improve your muscle and bone health. The risk of osteoporosis is reduced by regular aerobic exercise like brisk walking.
- The aerobic exercises have social benefits too, as you walk, play and exercise with friends and acquaintances, you will build a good rapport with them.
- This type of exercise can increase your emotional stability, memory, increase confidence and brain function. Studies also show that it improves the symptoms of depression.
- It will increase your stamina, giving more energy to work actively. Thus you can sleep better after an active day.
It is a widely known fact that aerobic exercise is very beneficial. But avoid overdoing any form of exercise in order to gain instant results. Excessive working out can lead to injury which will put you off the fitness program forever. Your safety should be of at most importance.