Are antioxidants more important for people carrying certain genes?November 8, 2016
Top 10 Tips to Prevent Diabetes in IndiaNovember 12, 2016
- India is the diabetes capital of the world- India has more diabetics than any other nation
- India is projected to have more than 10 crore diabetics by 2030
- The incidence is as high as 20% in certain parts of the county
- Indians become diabetic as much as 10 years earlier than europeans
- The risk for heart disease is up to 200% higher in diabetics
- As much as 25% of the income of lower income families goes towards diabetes care
- Indians have a stronger genetic risk of diabetes as compared to other nationalities.
- Pre-diabetics can avoid becoming diabetics with simple diet and lifestyle modifications
- Exercise and diet is more effective in preventing diabetes than medications
- Avoiding diabetes is almost entirely in your hands. You can decide not to be a diabetic.
What are the various screening options available for Diabetes?
Fasting Glucose, Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT), Random Glucose are some of the blood tests available to measure blood sugar levels. However, the sugar levels have to be already high for these tests to indicate risk. Alternatively, simple and economical, saliva-based genetic tests are available that can be performed at any age and anytime to indicate whether certain genetic variants that predispose individuals to diabetes are present. These variants can be tested long before blood sugar levels increase, thereby serving as an advance alert system.
Xcode’s Health Genetic test profiles for genes involved in type 2 diabetes and other conditions of metabolic syndrome. You can write to us at email@example.com or call 91-95432-89999 to find out more.